Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A stolen bear


Amy has learned that none of her things are safe with Drewzel in the house.  He saw this christmas bear as I was going through some boxes last night, and decided that he loved it and had to have it.  After a small struggle, Amy gave in and let him sleep with it, provided he acknowledge that it was still Amy's property, and Drew was only borrowing it.  

Unpictured on the bed are two microfoam-filled pillows which have been acquired under a similar arrangement.  Despite Amy's attempts at lawyering Drew, I fear that she may not be able to reclaim what was originally hers.

Oh, and Drew is squinting because I took this picture in the dark after getting him up for his midnight pee.  My camera shoots a bright red light to aid in focusing before the flash goes off.  (photo was shot in pure darkness)

2 comments:

Amy said...

For the record, I am trying to teach Drew about respecting the property of others. He's a bit...grabby, and has a hard time not taking a toy from other people's homes when we go visiting.

Plus, I figure this is the way I establish the borrowing with respect routine I expect to have to invoke with a car and other more grown-up items in the future.

gigi said...

Consent is defense to adverse possession anyhow... right?