Sunday, September 14, 2008

All Sorts of Amy Thoughts

1. Dallas

A nice green city. I went to a client kickoff and boy are there a lot of businesses located there. I'd seriously have to contemplate living there if it weren't in Texas. A lush city, moderate temperature, beautiful home neighborhoods. Really nice! And good food. We had some spectacularly yummy BBQ at Sonny Bryan's where the onion rings were superb! And then some surprisingly good Southwestern/TexMex at a place right next to Sonny Bryan's called Via Real. Really good margaritas. I had this crazy tasty pecan pan seared sea bass with pineapple mango sauce and delish mashed potatoes. Hrm. I must be getting hungry.

2. New Phone

I saw a Nokia E71 on my trip to Dallas and it was gorgeous. I mean really, really cool! I've decided that this will be my new phone. Rich was lobbying for the N82, but when I mentioned the E71, he got all excited. Apparently it has phenomenal battery life, which will be a nice change for me, since my current phone has to be charged halfway through the day if I use it a lot.

3. Moving

I hate moving. I HATE moving. Add to that the fact that we have to be done by a week from today and I really hate it even more. That being said, I am really excited about moving, despite hating it. Rich and Drew managed to fill up the garage all by themselves while I was in Dallas. The house cleaners claimed to have cleaned, and well, let's just say I am extremely pissed off at them for failing to achieve anything resembling cleanliness. I've spent the last couple of days cleaning and setting up my kitchen so I can move stuff into it. Sigh. I hate that we paid good money and didn't get even half my money's worth. At least the carpet cleaner was good. Sigh.

Anyhow, there is now a sofa in the family room and a dresser in Drew's room. I'm going to head back over with my craft paper and lay down paper and move boxes from the garage into the living room. And take more boxes from the garage and kitchen. This week is going to be oodles of fun!

4. Drawers

I am currently obsessed with buying pull shelves for the new kichen. I've found a good source that will ship out in 2 days, so maybe I'll have them by the end of the week. Crossing my fingers!

5. Work

My boss effectively told me that I HAD to work overtime for the rest of the month to help out a colleague whose project has gotten out of control and is in deep doodoo. I would have done it voluntarily, since I like that colleague a lot. But being forced, at a time like this, when we'll be moving every evening and a week from Monday is Rich's defibrulator insertion and it's not like I'm going to be stressed out or anything. But geez, the way my boss handled it. Sigh. I'm not happy and when I'm not happy, well...I get a little touchy. So it should be an interesting couple of weeks.

6. The End

I have to get moving, now, literally, so that's a wrap!

 

No comments: