Friday, October 17, 2008

Camping Day One

It was a relatively uneventful first day of camping. After returning from the short hike, Drew went down for a nap and I got comfy and read my book. I was a munchy, so I opened up a small bag of Cheetoes. I didn't get far and put the bag on the picnic table. About ten minutes later, a blue bird dove out from a tree, neatly landed on the table and absconded with my bag of Cheetoes! Max thought it was hilarious that I was so surprised and indignant. Apparently this happens all the time. The bird took the bag into the shrubs near our campsite - look carefully.



Max recovered the bag and brought it out into the open so I could see it again.



Sure enough, the birds were accommodating.



A couple of days later, they made their way into some peanuts we bought. Max actually went and bought some peanuts just for the birds and set them out in a row along the table so the birds would come!

Anyway, the rest of our first day of camping was pretty mellow. Here's Max with the puppies and then Drew, taking them for a stroll around the campsite.



No comments: