Saturday, February 14, 2009

Drew's Valentine's Day present

This morning, Drew got to open his Valentine's Day present. At least we were telling him that it was his Valentine's Day present. Rich ordered it a couple of weeks ago and when it arrived, it took a superhuman feat of discipline not to open it. Today, we let Drew open the box after breakfast. And boy was he excited.



We played some Rock Band after getting the drums set up...and it was slightly less than successful. First off, I suck at the drums. Even on easy, I suck! It was remarkably hard. So I took over the mic and Rich took over on the drums. Drew had a difficult time giving up the drums, despite the fact that it was going so badly, even with my assisting him while doing vocals that Rich couldn't keep us alive with his guitar goodness. After a surprisingly short time, Drew had no interest in the game whatsoever, even with the drum set.

At that point, Rich got to actually play without interference. That worked pretty well. Muscle memory wins again.

1 comment:

G said...

OK. I'm coming over. I became addicted to Guitar Hero at home with Baby Sister and Baby Brother. I can only play bass on beginner, but hey, for a girl with zero coordination, I felt supremely musical. Of course, Baby Sister did pop my bubble and let me know I will NEVER, EVER be able to play Nuno Bettencourt's "Midnight Express" on guitar. I was deeply saddened for two days.