Saturday, January 17, 2009

Work Party

My company has chosen, like many others, to not hold a holiday party between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and instead have a New Year's party in January. Not only is this cheaper, the expense goes on the next fiscal year and somehow it doesn't have to be quite as grand.

This year, as part of my participation on the Social Committee at work, I helped plan the event. It was kind of like planning the wedding, only worse because I didn't have quite the level of control over the event as I would have liked.

It was a very nice evening, despite the busy weekend. I was in charge of the slide show to project during the evening and ran into some problems which caused me to be very late. All in all, though, it worked out and we had a good time. Somehow, Rich and I ended up seated with our CEO and CTO, so that was not exactly relaxing, but I think everyone had a good time.

No comments: