Saturday, April 25, 2009

Surrender to the pollen

After almost three weeks of constant sinus craziness, I surrendered and bought a mega bottle of generic Benadryl. I can't imagine that I will actually consume all 400 pills, esp. since they do make me drowsy, but being sleepy is a distinct improvement over the past several days. The other allergy meds simply are not cutting it, anymore. And besides, it is getting harder and harder to find the D versions of them, which are the only ones that really help me. I won't have to worry about that for a while, now.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Pollen? I'll try to post a good picture of the pollen out here. The cars are all yellow with it. It moves in giant visible clouds when the wind blows. Is it that bad there?

scubabunny13 said...

don't know what you've tried amy as well as Beandryl, but i am huge fan of Flonase (nasal steroid spray) & Zyrtec for the runny nose and scratchy throat. then Albuterol for the wheezing and Pataday eye drops for itchiness. it is my quadruple cocktail for beating my allergy woes!

J.J. said...

Have you tried a neti pot? I haven't - it sounds really weird. My yoga instructor recommended it to treat colds while pregnant. If you try it, let me know what you think.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/14/health/14real.html?_r=1&scp=3&sq=neti&st=cse

Lorraine said...

Costco's Claritin look-alike Allerclear has been working for me.

Don't like drugs.. but not much side effects .. except the clearer head .. which is great!