Monday, August 25, 2008

Reconnections

I admit to being a Facebook doubter. I mean, why would I use Facebook when I refuse to use MySpace? But ultimately, someone, and I don't even remember who, talked me into it and I've been on it for over a year, now. In that time, I've reconnected with a lot of people. But in the last couple of months in particular, I've reconnected with people I actually spent time looking for several years ago, but who I considered lost to me.

Several friends from high school, from which I keep in touch with a grand total of ONE person, who attended my wedding. Interestingly, most of the active reconnecters were band friends, who I didn't even know I missed until they made themselves known and then my heart kind of had a little ache that I'd forgotten about. These were people who were there during the most difficult part of my life and whom I'd somehow blocked out of my admittedly selective and reductive memory. It was amazing what just a couple of friends from that time did to my memories of that time of my life.

Another is a friend from college who I used to see fairly often. Alex actually lived with her for over a year, before I moved in. I attended her wedding as Alex's guest. And spent some time trying to find her several times. And lo and behold, she found me! How crazy is that?! I often wonder what leads people to other people and I've decided it's seeing other people's networks. It's not like this person was searching for my name, I mean how silly is that? But I'm sure I showed up on someone else's friends list and that led her to me. Interestingly small world given the size of my college, but all in all, I'm really happy to be reconnected.

I have to wonder who else can find me this way?! There are eleven of us on Facebook. I suppose figuring out which one of us is correct isn't too hard knowing about my college and then law school.

Anyway, I wonder who else is going to find me this year? Before I change my name! Ha!

No comments: