Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Prodigal Blogger Returns...Sort Of

It's been a pretty interesting year for me. I'm still kind of waiting to wake up from this life because who would have guessed that I'd be here? Like this? I certainly wouldn't have. And now I wouldn't give it up for anything.

The Amy Blog went the way of the dodo. Which is to say that wedding stress and life led to the abandonment of the blog. It will eventually go away for real when Rich reminds me to cancel the hosting service. It has been a good blog. And now we will have just one between us. It's going to take a lot of effort not to be a little competitive (who me?) about who blogs more. But Rich can do it from his phone and until I can do that, too, well, he's going to blog more than me.

That being said, I'll be doing more informative blogging, so you'll get some random information!

Today, we're still waiting to hear about when we might be able to close on the new house. And get things figured out for our general future. It feels odd to be thinking in years instead of weeks. I'm so used to thinking abstractly about the future, which is to say I'm good at writing up several plans spanning several years and then put them aside. It's surreal to be thinking where we need to live to be satisfied with schools for Drew in several years. Or which room might be used for a nursery in another year or two. When did we become grown ups?! It's a bit daunting, thinking of a larger house and all that means. It's like I've been playing house all this time.

We're going to start packing up this weekend and getting ready for the flurry of trips back and forth between the houses until we're done moving it all over there. We'll be living out of boxes for a while, but I think we're going to take our time unpacking and place things thoughtfully. Meanwhile, Zelda can't wait to paint. She sent me home with a box of paints to put on the wall to see how I like the colors. She's already got a plan and is also apparently actively looking for furniture having had a rather exhaustive conversation with me about my style and had me send her links to furniture I like.

Meanwhile, we've been dropping in and seeing Evan as often as Julie & Aaron can take our presence. He's already grown and is totally starting to show a remarkably mellow personality. Drew loves seeing him and can't wait until he's a little older and more interactive.

The wedding stuff is coming to an end over Labor Day weekend with our Oregon reception, a BBQ at Rich's parent's home. Then we move into thank you card territory. We started working on them and had all the photos printed we wanted to include, but then realized that we were moving, so we might as well also include a moving notice, too. So they're waiting a few more weeks and we'll send them out...just in time to send out Christmas cards.

I'm in full Olympic-mania. As many are well aware, I'm kind of nutty about...well, a lot of things.
The Olympics hit a sweet spot and I've been losing a lot of sleep staying up to watch swimming and gymnastics and well, now we're into the track and field events. Just a few more days! Sigh. The gymnastics call...

No comments: