Monday, January 14, 2008

Swag


I can't remember the last time I got swag at work. Well, yes, I can...I attended a senior engineer conference a few months back and got a 512MB USB key that had all the copies of the presentations I saw on it. I might have erased them before looking at them and gave the key to Amy, but that's besides the point. I want useless promotional crap from work. It improves my morale, which is usually sullen and bitter. Today, a co-worker came by with this cool keychain that had a LED light in it. It was as bright as the picture shows, nearly blinding me when I used it. Unfortunately, this wasn't ever distributed to the employees. Only to our "contracting partners" as they come to pick up bidding plansets from us. My co-worker pilfered a handful to distribute around the office here. Come on, show your own people some love! If we don't get bonuses or parties or non-legislative approved raises, at least kick down a 20 cent trinket every now and then. Geez!

No comments: