Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I am Legend Smurf

Amy and I made it out to see "I am Legend" yesterday, and I thought it was excellent. Amy maybe thought it was a bit too excellent, as the realism and creepiness of the infected beings was a bit much for her. It reminded me of something from my childhood.

Ever see something as a kid that kind of made a mark on your brain in a bad way? For me, it was an episode of the Smurfs. Generally, a harmless children's show, there was one episode that really bothered me, and has since been the only episode to remain in my head. It's titled "The Purple Smurfs", and touches on the topic of zombies, something near and dear to all of us. If you have a few minutes, give it a watch. But don't let your kids see it, I'd hate for them to have the same type of psychological trauma that I've carried with me ever since that fateful Saturday morning when horror was burned into my brain.

No comments: