Monday, October 29, 2007

It's time to shill

I may be a Johnny come lately to the Guitar Hero thing, but that doesn't mean I'm not already a rabid fan. We picked this up on Sunday, and it's already my new hobby. I probably played 2 - 3 hours yesterday, and I'm having a blast, even though my left hand is somewhat atrophied and clawlike today. Drew showed me the ropes of how to handle the axe after unboxing it, then I set down to shred when he went down for a nap. After all, the last thing he needs to be thinking is that the life of a rock star is something to aspire to. I, on the other hand, realize that aspiring to be a virtual rock star is nothing to worry about, and is probably the safer and saner route to musical glory. So far, I'm progressing nicely through the "infant" difficulty, and am somewhat satisfied with myself, being able to hit over 90% of the notes.

After playing the game for a while, I tried my other games, "Leafblower Hero" and "Lawnmower Hero", neither of which was quite as fun. Oh well.



No comments: