Friday, October 19, 2007

It's cranberry day

Costco had cranberries on sale last night, I think it was 3 lbs of berries for $4. Not being one to pass up such a tremendous bargain, I grabbed a bag. Drew seemed to be sharing in my joy at finding a bag of such delicious fruit, so I offered to share my bounty with him. He put one berry in his mouth, bit down, and Amy was laughing at the sour expression on his face. Apparently, these aren't for everyone.

Today, a bag of these accompanied me to work. What better snack to enjoy and break up the monotony of desk work?

I'm almost done with the bag, and the remainder have to last me 2 more hours, but I think I'll be okay. This weekend, I'll probably try to make something else out of the berries, and I might even add *gasp* sugar to them. The tart edge on them is a little harsh, but isn't that part of their charm? I certainly think so.
For those interested in the health benefits of cranberries, here's some interesting reading. There is a good number of reasons that they're regarded as a superfruit.

No comments: