Thursday, July 2, 2009

Not cute anymore


I was awoken this morning by a cat crawling across my chest and purring loudly. I petted her for a while, and it only made the purring louder. I was hoping that it would wake Amy up so she'd get in the shower and I could roll over and get a few more minutes of sleep, but that didn't work.
Anyway, to the point - the cat isn't cute anymore. When we got her in May, she was 1lb 4oz of stubby kitten with short legs and big eyes. Now, she's a slinky, lanky cat with a fat belly. She's still short of full cat size, but last time we weighed her, she was breaking 3lbs. She's been eating like a pig and I wouldn't be at all surprised if she broke 4lb next time we weighed her.
So, she's not cute anymore, but she is remotely handsome, in her own way. Maybe it's the eyeliner, or the way I've taught her to eat the spiders and flies that make their way into the house that makes her endearing enough that we keep her. It's certainly not the daily attacks to my ankles and feet that she's so fond of.
I could promise that I'm done posting about the stupid cat, but that's probably a lie.

1 comment:

gigi said...

LOL! I found this entry endearingly cute. Probably not what Rich was going for...