Thursday, November 3, 2011

Awesome surprise!

While we were dining this afternoon (not evening since it's Thursday and we normally eat pretty early on Thursdays for a variety of reasons), the doorbell rang. Rich answered it and lo and behold, my cousin, who was sitting at the table, enjoying her salad, got all excited. So did I, when I saw it was from Williams-Sonoma! (And I didn't remember ordering anything.)


Then I saw this little label and squealed a bit. Okay, maybe a lot.


And here is what was inside. A ginormous caramel apple!!! It's hard to see how big it is.


So here it is in reference to my hand. It's probably almost four inches tall.


It is a Fuji apple, dipped in caramel, then topped with dark chocolate and rolled in toasted almonds. It was absolutely the most delicious caramel apple I've ever had.


Most caramel apples are made with Granny Smith apples, which has never made any sense to me. The Fuji is crisp and just sweet enough that the caramel isn't a complete contrast. The whole thing just worked for me. I cut up half of the apple and my cousin and I each had a piece. And I had another. And Drew ate loose chocolate and nuts. And Rich refrained from making too much fun of us.

An awesome end to an odd day.

No comments: