Sunday, September 27, 2009

Marble madness

"Cool."
Drew has been wanting to re-build his marble machine for the last few days. Today, I finally gave in and agreed to build it with him. By myself, I can probably put it together in just under an hour. With Drew's help, triple that. He thought he was doing QC by throwing marbles through it at every stage of construction. He wanted to help by finding the pieces for me to assemble, which resulted in a snafu where the ramps were even, rather than sloped down. Amy gave me 10 minutes of Drew-free time, in which I diagnosed the problem, then let Drew have his fun with the final product. He probably gets about 1 - 2 full hours of enjoyment out of the final product, which is probably higher than most other toys he has, including transformers. Things kind of degenerate to him breaking things, which is where we're at now. He'll shove 6 marbles through it at the same time, which results in them flying out of the machine onto the carpet, much to his amusement. Luckily, when he grows tired of this, I can pack it away and not worry about it for another 4 months.

No comments: