Friday, March 2, 2007

Gainesville airport...again


My last shot from Florida. Turns out the rain from this morning only lasted a couple hours, and it was sunny by 10am. Gainesville airport was tiny. My flight was delayed, so they put me on an earlier flight, which was delayed to the time my original flight was set to leave. It turns out the flight from Gainesville to Atlanta was one of the worst I've ever been on. There was a storm between the two airports, and the ride was as choppy as it could have been. The guy behind me kept gripping my seat with his hands as he held on for his life, and a girl behind me spent almost the entire trip with an airsick bag stuck to her face.
The flight from Atlanta wasn't much better. It was supposed to leave at 8.10pm, which was delayed to 8.30, then to 8.40. Finally, they let us on, but it took nearly 2 more hours to actually get in the air. To be fair, the weather in Atlanta was pretty horrible. It was raining HARD outside, and you could see the wind whipping the rain around. They were having tornado watches in the area. But we did get off the ground eventually, after waiting for the queue in front of us to take off. Overall, I was just happy to be able to get home that evening.

No comments: